Current Version: 6.10.0
Requires Android: 2.2 and up
Category: Travel & Local
* See borders of cities, postal codes, and more highlighted on search.
* Browse a day-by-day display of where you’ve been using location history.
* Improved transit information layer and added the ability to browse by mode of transportation.
Download the latest release of Google Maps, and never carry a paper map again. Google Maps for Android with Navigation (Beta) has:
* Detailed maps with 3D buildings
* Voice guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation
* Driving, public transit, biking, and walking directions
* Live traffic information to avoid congestion
* Local search and business reviews
* Google Maps Street View
* Indoor maps for select airports, hotels, retail stores, and more
Whether you need directions to your destination, the closest good place for a bite to eat, or just a sense of where you are, Google Maps for Android can help.
Keywords: maps, navigation, places, latitude, directions, indoor maps, local search, Street View, traffic, transit
What’s features in Google Maps v6.10.0 Mod version:
(1) This version of the navigation icons can be used directly, different previous versions can only be to call the navigation through the map;
This version is the accelerated version. Some phones gprs under .. can not download the map cache (Heavenly shield the Google server reasons);
(3) This version supports Samsung TTS voice navigation (Samsung Mobile), for the first time support Iflytek voice, the addition of a choice to select the voice navigation for oil;
(4) This version is not like the low-capacity version by other Modifiers, may lead to some low-end phones can not be installed;
Installation for root:
1. In Titanium Backup, select Maps and make a backup.
2. Select Maps and wipe data, then uninstall.
3. Select Street View and wipe data, then uninstall.
4. Install maps6.10.0-mod_signed.apk
5. Go to market, and reinstall street view.(download it from the second post).
1.Uninstall maps from Titanium Backup.
2.Install maps from the Market.
3.Uninstall it normally (not from Titanium).
4.Install the maps6.10.0-mod_signed.apk.
first uninstall Maps from /system/app
rename maps6.10.0-mod.apk to Maps.apk
adb push /Maps.apk /system/app
Alternative installation method:
For those who get the “Login Failed” message Pull down the status bar and press all three triangles and give permission then closing maps.
If you don’t get the three warning triangles
1. Install original maps from market.
2. Sign in and join latititude
3. Back up maps in titanium, app and data.
4. Wipe date and uninstall maps
5. Install maps6.10.0-mod_signed.apk. DO NOT RUN, reboot right after installing.
6. After reboot, go to titanium and restore DATA only.
yea and unchecking auto-update on the marked.
Thanks to ownhere and Brut.all.
maps6.10.0-mod-signed.apk rename the file name to “Maps” and then use ROOT explorer app put in system/app permission is rw-r-r.
maps6.10.0-mod.apk instructions can be found in the text above.
Google Maps 6.10.0 on Google Play
Download Google Maps 6.10.0
Tutorials:HOW TO Install APK Files on Android Device?