Requires Android:1.5 and up
1. Beta Update: IMAP Fallback added (as a bonus, the fallback means the app can work on tablets now)
2. As of Friday the 29th July Google removed 3rd party access of the Gmail data on Android devices (for those of you running the latest version of Gmail and Android 2.2+). This completely broke my app, so I’ve spent the last week implimenting some changes, namely if the app cannot access your Gmail data on-device, it will fallback to connecting to Gmail via IMAP.
Per-label notifications for the Gmail App with Widgets and Locale/Tasker support
UPDATE: As of Friday the 29th July Google removed 3rd party access of the Gmail data on Android devices (for those of you running the latest version of Gmail and Android 2.2+). This completely broke my app, so I’ve spent the last week implimenting some changes, namely if the app cannot access your Gmail data on-device, it will fallback to connecting to Gmail via IMAP.
If this is the case with your device, you will need to launch this app, select your Gmail account and add a password, otherwise notifications and widgets won’t work!
I’ve tried my best to ensure this release is bug free, but equally I’m trying to get it out as fast as I can for those of you for whom the app is currently broken. There may be bugs, so consider this a beta release for the next few days. If you encounter anything show stopping let me know via the “Report Bugs” option in the app!
Apologies to those for whom the app broke this week, but Google gave no warning of the changes and took me completely by surprise. For more details on the changes, see the FAQ.
Update: IMAP Fallback added.
TODO: Add in OAuth support, Fix widget icon on tablets
Per-label notifications for GMail! Options include:
* Vibration pattern (inc. morse code)
* Notification sound
* LED Colour (depending on your device, not all supported)
* Icon colour (10 delicious colours to choose from)
* Notification repetition
* Override silent mode
* Multiple accounts
* Disable notifications depending on time of the day
Also includes widgets:
* customisable icons (select an image from your gallery as your homescreen widget)
* a selection of normal mailbox/label icons in a multitude of colours
* customisable names
* show/hide name, zero count, total message count
Problems/feature requests? Check the website ( https://sites.google.com/site/androidlabelnotifier/faq ) for more details before emailing me please! I don’t have the time to respond to every request alas, and alot of your questions and problems are answered there!
Also *please* don’t leave bug reports as comments on the market, i don’t check them often and it’s unlikely i’ll be able to respond!
* Android gmail app
* Syncing enabled for labels under the main GMail application
* No task-killers please!
Download GMail Label Notifier 0.99991 apk