Current Version: 2.5.7
Requires Android: 2.1 and up
disabled “deactivate lock” method when device is encrypted
backup agent added to save settings with Android’s backup & restore function
screen off widget not restoring correct screen timeout on some devices fixed
DelayedLock temporary disables secure PIN & password lockscreens.
Not using any pattern-, PIN- or password-lock is a huge security problem, but reentering your PIN a hundred times a day can also be annoying.
‘Delayed Lock’ is a solution to this problem: After unlocking your phone, it will turn the lock screen off for a user defined amount of time. You can turn your phone off and on as often as you want without entering your password/PIN/pattern again. After a certain time, it will automatically reactivate your lockscreen, so no stranger can access your personal data.
Additionally, there is also a notification in the Android status bar and a widget to immediately reenable the lock screen, and free plugins to automatically disable the lock when connected to a specific WiFi network / Bluetooth device or at certain locations.
DOES NOT WORK IF EXCHANGE POLICY REQUIRES A PIN!
Free trial version is available to test the app with your phone (search for ‘Delayed Lock Trial’). PLEASE TEST IT BEFORE BUYING!
NOTICE ON ICS:
Since ICS there seems to be an issue when using the “hide lock” method: When clicking on a notification, the lockscreen might be shown. Please use the “deactivate lock” method instead!
I can’t respond to comments here, so if you have any problem and want them to be get resolved: Write me an eMail!
- Delayes the requirement to enter pattern/PIN/password again after succesfully unlocked once
- Delay since ‘Screen off’ or since ‘Last unlock’
- Ability to show a simple slider lockscreen when pattern/PIN/password lock is currently disabled
- Delay & customize the simple slider lock
- Quickly re-enable the lock through the Android notification bar or a widget
- Widgets & Shortcuts: Toggle Lock, Screen off, Screen off & Lock, Start Simple Lock, Enable / Disable DelayedLock
- Upgradable with free plugins: Unlock with WiFi, Bluetooth or location based and remote activate lockscreen via SMS
- compatible with HTC Sense & WidgetLocker, should also work with Tasker & Locale (untested, see Support-Thread)
- music controls on simple lockscreen (works with Spotify, Winamp, Google Music and more)
- Revoke admin permission to be able to uninstall!
- FAQ at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=955092
- Remove exchange PIN on a rooted device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=655649 & http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1367254
- Incompatible with NoLED, No Lock & some other apps -> test the trial version before!
- Incompatible on ICS with full device encryption enabled!
Legal information: I do not guarantee that your device’s data is unaccessible and will not be responsible for any damage you or your company may get because of an unlocked device. Please check if the usage of the app is compatible with the security policy of your company.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – needed to save images for simple lockscreen background / widget icons
DISABLE_KEYGUARD – needed when using the “hide lockscreen” method
CHECK_LICENSE – needed for validating the market license
WRITE_SETTINGS – needed to change display timeout on simpleLockscreen
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – also needed for license validation
VIBRATE – needed for “vibrate when locking” feature
Delayed Lock 2.5.7 on Google Play
Download via Email:
Delayed Lock 2.5.7